Thursday 28 May 2009

The view from the top......and the road to my first E1 graded climb!


As I write this I'm sitting in my office nursing a hangover, drinking coffee and thinking about going for a climb as it's my day off. This is pretty much how most days off begin for me.

I. Love. Climbing. 

It's an addiction worse than smack. Once you've caught the bug it'll never loosen it's grip. It drives my ladyfriend bonkers. 'Quality time together' for me is down the crag with JT, my climbing buddy. And that creates some problems....

I'm not a particularly good climber. In fact, considering how long I've been doing it I'm a bit bobbins. But show me someone more passionate about the sport and I'll show you pig with wings. 

This blog isn't designed to educate, or inform. It's not a training guide, a crag database, or hint sheet - it's for the sheer hell of it. If one person reads this and thinks, 'f**k yeah, I'll give that a go!' then that's one more person to hold the end of the rope for me.

This blog is for all those climbers who, like me, have conceded they'll never be a rock star. And it's for everyone who uses climbing as a tool - a gateway - into the most beautiful places, not just in Britain, but all over the world. 


No comments: